[R] interrupting embedded R

Klaus Juenemann ml-r-help at epigenomics.com
Fri May 9 15:39:13 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am using R in an embedded fashion, i.e. I am initialising R with
'Rf_initEmbeddedR'
from a C program (which in my application is in turn embedded into Java
through JNI).

Now I want to interrupt a running R function. My first idea was to send
a SIGINT from
another thread but that caused the whole thing to crash. My guess is
that the longjmp
involved does not interact well with the rest of my program.

Any comments ?
Any other ideas how I can savely interrupt an embedded R session ?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best
Klaus

--
Dr. Klaus Juenemann

Epigenomics AG          www.epigenomics.com           Kastanienallee 24
+493024345393                                              10435 Berlin