[R] correspondence analysis

Petra Wallem pwallem at bio.puc.cl
Fri May 9 20:26:05 CEST 2003

Hi everybody, I am starting my friendship with R. Now I want to do a
Correspondence Analysis using the vegan library or multiv library. Both give
me the same results which differ from the ones I get running other programs
like Statistica... I wounder if there is a problem with my matrix. I have
cualitataive variable in the columns and sampling units in the rows... I
import my matrix into R with matrix(scan....), which dose not accept strings,
so I have eliminated all the names of my rows and columns and just worked
with the acctual values of my matrix, is that the problem I have?
Thanks a lot to everybody
Petra