[R] Some Programming Humor

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Wed May 14 02:37:49 CEST 2003

Douglas Bates <bates at cs.wisc.edu> writes:

> I checked and R is one of the 515 languages mentioned in the enclosed.

Hmm - the enclosure seems to have gone missing.  It was

 From: Tim Schaab <tim at madweb.org>
 Subject: [Madlug] Some Programming Humor
 To: MadLUG List <Madlug at madisonlinux.org>
 Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:00:13 -0500

 Taking a break from studying all things databases for an upcoming
 exam, I found this site that really amazed me.

 The recipe is simple.

 1) Take the song "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"
 2) Write a program that will sing/display the song for all to see
 3) Repeat step 2 in a different language

 Currently, they have 515 languages covered.

 Once again proving some techie humor is not fit for the masses, but
 rather funny if you get it.

 Consume and enjoy!

 http://99-bottles-of-beer.ls-la.net/