[R] installation problems with RMySQL (was abrupt end to R)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 15 08:58:39 CEST 2003

Please do use an informative subject line.

The comment was that he was using code compiled against MySQL 4.0.x on
MySQL 3.2.x, and had not read the readmes.

A further comment is that you are asked *not* to report problems with
pre-compiled packages on R-help, but to re-compile them yourself.
He had ignored that, and I suspect you have too.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk