[R] substitute

Wladimir Eremeev wl at eimb.ru
Fri May 16 13:33:49 CEST 2003

Dear Prof,

Friday, May 16, 2003, 15:12:18, you wrote:

>>   but is expected to return data$area.20
>>
>>   Where did I do mistakes?

PBR> The symbol is area.lon, not lon.  substitute only work on whole symbols,
PBR> and `.' is just part of the alphabet allowed in syntactic names.

Thank you! Now I see...

Now I'm studying parse(). I think it can help me.

--
Best regards
Wladimir Eremeev                                     mailto:wl at eimb.ru

Research Scientist                                Leninsky Prospect 33,
Space Monitoring & Ecoinformation Systems Sector, Moscow, Russia, 119071,
Institute of Ecology,                             Phone: (095) 135-9972;
Russian Academy of Sciences                       Fax: (095) 954-5534