[R] Images Import and Analysis

Shawn Way sway at tanox.com
Fri May 16 14:20:07 CEST 2003

I'm starting a time study on an area.  To determine if an individual has
entered the area, we are having timed photographs taken of the area.  What I
want to do is import the image files (either one at a time or
simultaneously), convert it to a density image, take the density at multiple
points in the image and determine if they are over an area average
(indicating someone or something is in that area).

Any ideas on how to get started (importing the images) in R? (programming
tool of choice)

Shawn Way
Engineering Manager
Tanox, Inc.