[R] Windows binary corrupt

Marc Feldesman feldesmanm at pdx.edu
Sun May 18 01:15:02 CEST 2003

I've tried to download the Windows 1.7.0 binary from three different
mirrors today.  Each time the binary comes down corrupt - MD 5 sums don't
check and the installer reports that its own setup files are corrupt.

Since I've tried from different computers and different connections, I have
to assume a problem downstream from me.

Has anyone else reported this problem?  Has the binary changed at all since
it was posted back in April?

BTW, I haven't encountered this before when I've downloaded the 1.7.0
Windows binary immediately following its release.

=====================
Dr. Marc R. Feldesman
Professor and Chairman
Anthropology Department
Portland State University
1721 SW Broadway
Portland, Oregon 97201
email:  feldesmanm at pdx.edu
phone:  503-725-3081
fax:    503-725-3905
http://web.pdx.edu/~h1mf
PGP Key Available On Request

"Beyond every credibility gap lies a gullibility fill"