[R] arma.predict?

Adrian Trapletti adrian.trapletti at lmttrading.com
Sun May 18 13:41:18 CEST 2003

> Subject: Re: Re: [R] arma.predict?
> Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 05:24:29 +1000
> From: "Skanda Kallur; MEngg" <s2112930 at student.rmit.edu.au>
> To: ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
> CC: r-help at stat.math.ethz.ch
>
> Professor, thanks for the reply, I am using Auto Regression Moving Average arma()(sorry it wasnt ARMA) which comes under tseries package to fit my data and I am intending to predict with arma fitted data but couldnt find a method to do it.

Pls use arima from ts. arma from tseries is preliminary and will soonly be removed in the current form.

> Interestingly, I found two packages at http://www.itp.phys.ethz.ch/econophysics/R/ which has packages called fbasic and fseries. fseries has arma.predict() but it threw some error, I wasnt able to install it. I would appreciate if you could have a look at it.

As far as I know, those packages are still preliminary. So if you want to use them, maybe you contact the author Diethelm Würtz wuertz at itp.phys.ethz.ch

best
Adrian

--
Dr. Adrian Trapletti             Phone :             +41 (0) 1 994 5631
Trapletti Statistical Computing  Mobile:             +41 (0)76 370 5631
CH-8610 Uster                    Email :  mailto:a.trapletti at bluewin.ch
Switzerland                      WWW   : http://trapletti.homelinux.com