[R] R CMD check creates a syntax error

Ross Boylan ross at biostat.ucsf.edu
Tue May 20 00:43:29 CEST 2003

Using R Version 1.6.2  (2003-01-10) I did R CMD check.  The package I
was checking includes an .Rd file with an example.

My package test directory included a file foo-Ex.R whose first line was
WARNING: ignoring environment value of R_HOME

There are some problems with this:
1. R_HOME is not set.
2. The line is a syntax error, causing the test to fail.

Furthermore, I got this warning message a lot in my transcript while
check was running.

Could anyone explain what is going on, or how to get around this?

Thanks.

P.S.
http://r-bugs.biostat.ku.dk/cgi-bin/R/feature%26FAQ?id=1284;expression=WARNING:%20ignoring%20environment%20value%20of%20R_HOME;user=guest#themesg
appears related, but it says the error message arises from having R_HOME
set when it shouldn't be.  I haven't set it, as far as I can tell.
Could it be somehow set inside my default R environment?
--
Ross Boylan <ross at biostat.ucsf.edu>              wk: (415) 502-4031
University of California, San Francisco         fax: (415) 476-9856