[R] A questiona about FDA package

Roland Goecke roland.goecke at rostock.igd.fhg.de
Tue May 20 17:10:41 CEST 2003

Hi,

I am using Jim Ramsay's FDA package for R and I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following problem.

I have a bunch of curves (measurements over time) for a certain parameter. I make these into an FD object and then register them. As a result, I get a list of 3 FD objects. The first one are the registered curves. The second one (Wfd) are the warping functions determined to register the curves. It is those that I want to use.

Now, I would like to apply these warping functions to another set of curves for a different parameter (same dimension of measured data). How can I do that? I guess I will have to use function eval.fd but how do I extract the timing / sample point information from the Wfd object? How do I apply these? Has anyone done something like this before?

I'd appreciate any ideas you might have.

Cheers
Roland