[R] moving onto returning a data.frame?

Joe Conway mail at joeconway.com
Wed May 21 04:13:06 CEST 2003

Jeff D. Hamann wrote:
> Does anyone have a good example (from some of the packages?) for returning a
> data.frame. I'm trying to start my function so that it takes a data.frame as
> an argument and returns a data.frame (post-hocus-pocus).

I found this to be quite the challenge also. See pg_tuple_get_r_frame()
in the file pg_conversion.c from PL/R. You can grab a copy here:
http://www.joeconway.com/

If you have any questions after looking through that, contact me off
list and I'll try to help. That said, there's no guarantee my code is
correct, but at least it seems to work in all of my use-cases so far ;-)

HTH,

Joe