[R] rts conversion to ts?

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Wed May 21 17:41:18 CEST 2003

I don't know if this will help, but the "survReg" command is written as
"survreg", not "survReg", in R.  I define "survReg <- survreg" first,
and then my S-Plus scripts using "survReg" work in R.  Similarly,
"singular.ok=TRUE" by default in "lm" in R, while "singular.ok=FALSE" by
default in S-Plus.  If I need to change the default behavior, I make a
local copy in my working directory and edit that so it does what I want.
  After that, each time "lm" is called, it accesses the copy in my
working directory and never gets to "lm" in the base language.  You can
even make "pi <- 3", but I don't recommend that for much of anything
except to illustrate possibilities.

I'm not familiar with either "rts" or S-Plus dumps, so I don't know if
this will help.

Best Wishes,
Spencer Graves