[R] Tkrplot works not

"Unternährer Thomas, uth" uth at zhwin.ch
Thu May 22 13:57:41 CEST 2003

Hi,

I've spent some time in programming R - tcl/tk.
Today I've updated my R version from 1.6.2 to 1.7.0.
My programm stops now with two error-messages:
(How could it be, two errors? The command "stop" produces an error but does really stop
the programm after it, isn't it?)

> Error in structure(.External("dotTcl", ..., PACKAGE = "tcltk"), class = "tclObj") :
>         [tcl] couldn't load library "C:/Programme/R/library/tkrplot/libs/tkrplot.dll":
> 		this library or a dependent library could not be found in library path.
> Error in library(tkrplot) : .First.lib failed

The library tkrplot is installed! I used it under version 1.6.2 several times.

In the "Windows-specific changes to R" on CRAN I've seen that:

"Tcl/Tk 8.4.1 is bundled in rw1070.exe.  You can still use your own
installation of Tcl/Tk: see the rw-FAQ."

So, I uninstall my tcl-version. But there are still the same errors.

Why couldn't R load the tkrplot-library?

Thanks for your help and please don't look at my english (it's terrible)

Thomas