[R] Experimental Design

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu May 22 17:40:09 CEST 2003

	  It looks to me like you have two blocking variables with 1 control
group and 4 treatment groups, with the control replicated between the
"master blocking variable" = "experiment 1 vs. 2".  (The minor blocking
variable occurs at 6 levels unless "Blk1" in Experiment 1 somehow
relates to "Blk1" in Experiment 2.)  People who deal with this routinely
could probably provide R code plus citations to the literature where
this kind of analysis is discussed.  I would write an appropriate model
and do the analysis.

	  And yes, I would want to confirm any encouraging results in a future
experiment.

hth.  spencer graves