[R] Problem in installing R add-on package(not from CRAN)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun May 25 09:53:10 CEST 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003, pingzhao wrote:

> The R was installed by system adminstrator. Here
> make is used to compile C code, right?, but the compile tools

It isn't: it controls the running of compilers, linkers etc.

> C, C++,etc. are there. Could any one give me somes hints on
> how to fix this problems?

Ask your system administator for help!  It's a problem with *your*
computing setup not R, and (s)he clearly knows how to use it (and you do
not).  You haven't even told us what platform you are using.  Here is one
guess:

On Solaris the standard development tools are in /usr/ccs/bin, and a
standard account does not have that directory in the path.

[...]

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk