[R] Problem with library

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Mon May 26 03:39:59 CEST 2003

On Sun, 25 May 2003 21:09:06 -0400, you wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I'm using R 1.7.0 on win98 ver2. I erased all my previous versions of R,
>and install r 1.7.0. When I write "library()" I receive on a separate
>pane all the lib in ver 1.7.0, and the following msg "Warning message:
>library 'C:/Program Files/R/rw1051/library' contains no package in:
>library()"
>Where is this msg coming from?? How to remove it?

You're somehow telling R to look in that directory for packages,
presumably because that was the right place to look when you used
1.5.1.

I'm not sure how you're telling it that, but a likely reason is that
you've got a .lib.loc variable that contains the old address, or your
.First function sets it, or something like that.

Duncan Murdoch