[R] Randomness

Ko-Kang Kevin Wang kwan022 at stat.auckland.ac.nz
Mon May 26 23:06:32 CEST 2003

What kind of random numbers (what distributions) do you want?  You have a
choice of specifying distributions of the random numbers.  For example:
  rnorm() for Normal Random Numbers
  runif() for Uniform Random Numbers
etc

On Tue, 27 May 2003 dcum007 at ec.auckland.ac.nz wrote:

> Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:45:44 +1200
> From: dcum007 at ec.auckland.ac.nz
> To: "R-help at lists.R-project.org" <R-help at stat.math.ethz.ch>
> Subject: [R] Randomness
>
> Hi,
> I am very new to R and cannot seem to find how it generates random numbers. I
> am currently involved with a project that requires a random number generator
> and have developed one. I am, however, unsure of just how random it is and was
> wanting to compare my generator with that of R (as well as others).
> If anyone knows how the random numbers are generated or have any ideas on
> testing or where a true pseudo-random number generator can be found I would
> love to know.
> David
> dcum007 at ec.auckland.ac.nz

Cheers,

Kevin

"On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament],
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will
the right answers come out?' I am not able to rightly apprehend the
kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

-- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)
---- From Computer Stupidities: http://rinkworks.com/stupid/

--
Ko-Kang Kevin Wang