[R] Numbers that look equal, should be equal, but if() doesn't see as equal

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 27 15:12:49 CEST 2003

?all.equal may help you.

In the absence of any of your code, there is not much we can do, except to
comment that if() (of your subject line) only knows about TRUE and FALSE,
so we can only guess at what you used to test equality.

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Paul Lemmens wrote:

> After a lot of testing and debugging I'm falling silent in figuring out
> what goes wrong in the following.
>
> I'm implementing the Vincentizing procedure that Ratcliff (1979) described.
> It's about calculating RT bins for any distribution of RT data. It boils
> down to rank ordering your data, replicating each data point as many times
> as you need bins and then splitting up the resulting distribution in equal
> bins.
>
> The code that I've written is attached (and not included because it is
> considerable in length due to many comments).

No code arrived here.  What `attached (and not included' means is unclear
to me, but only the dataset arrived.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk