[R] Help! R won't start

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue May 27 17:03:37 CEST 2003

Looks like you have saved an object with a namespace (the MASS namespace)
as its environment.  There is not much documentation available about
such situations, but see

http://www.stat.uiowa.edu/~luke/R/namespaces/morenames.html

for a sketch.

I suspect you got that message last time you saved, and then you were
surprised when you had forgotten the warning.

Have you got a modified version of a MASS function in there?

In any case, the advice still applies: the current MASS will load up mva
which is what is needed, so update.packages().

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk