[R] surfaces and digital terrain model

Renaud Lancelot lancelot at sentoo.sn
Thu May 29 21:12:14 CEST 2003

Dear all,

I have computed a digital terrain model from a set of points (x, y, z)
using the function interp() in package akima. I want to predict flooded
surfaces given target values of z. I can display the flooded surfaces
with contour() or image(), but I don't know how to get the polygons
delimiting the surfaces. Did anyone write a function for this purpose ?

Best regards,

Renaud

--
Dr Renaud Lancelot, vétérinaire
CIRAD, Département Elevage et Médecine Vétérinaire (CIRAD-Emvt)

ISRA-LNERV                      tel    (221) 832 49 02
BP 2057 Dakar-Hann              fax    (221) 821 18 79 (CIRAD)
Senegal                         e-mail renaud.lancelot at cirad.fr