[R] Time for Usenet R Group?

Roger D. Peng rpeng at stat.ucla.edu
Fri May 30 19:50:03 CEST 2003

Marc R. Feldesman wrote:

> I agree with you on the "flood" of messages lately.  Often this flood
> accompanies a new release, but this flood has continued unabated for
> longer than I would have imagined.  The good news is that R is becoming
> more popular and this (hopefully) attracts more developers, which
> results in more libraries, etc.  The bad news is that with more users
> come more questions.

I don't consider that "bad news".  That's just "how it is".  As far as I
can see, it's all good news :)

Personally, I prefer having the email list with the individual messages
(rather than the digest) because I check email frequently and can catch
things as they come in.  If the list moved to Usenet or a web forum, I
doubt I would check the list as frequently, if ever.

-roger