[R] Need help installing qtoolbox

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat May 31 09:39:54 CEST 2003

On Fri, 30 May 2003, Toby Popenfoose wrote:

> I have windows version of R v1.6.2
>
> I have downloaded the qtoolbox.zip from
>  http://www.cmis.csiro.au/S-PLUS/qtoolbox/
>
> My R command line is
> > install.packages("C:/Program Files/R/qtoolbox.zip", .libPaths()[1], CRAN =
> NULL)
>
> and I get the following error message:
> updating HTML package descriptions
> Warning message:
> error -1 in extracting from zip file
> >

> Is there another way to install this S-Plus based Package?

I presume it is a S-PLUS library section for S-PLUS 4.x. You wouldn't try
to install, say, a MATLAB toolbox, so why do you think an S-PLUS one would
work?

It is sometimes possible to port the sources of an S-PLUS library section
to sources for an R package, with considerable work.

> Is there another
> control chart library for R that I should be trying instead?

You seem to have `package' and `library' reversed in meaning.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk