[R] Calling R from PHP on Win2K?

Pikounis, Bill v_bill_pikounis at merck.com
Mon Nov 3 16:15:00 CET 2003

John,
I am sorry for the delayed reply...since it sounds like you would need to
gain some knowledge on how to integrate components like Apache, MySQL, PHP,
and R, I highly recommend one or more of Paul Dubois' books:

1) MySQL
2) MySQL Cookbook
3) MYSQL and Perl for the Web

While the primary focus of these is the MySQL database, the author is very
thorough in explaining how to connect MySQL to other tools like Apache and
PHP.  Even the third book, while certainly Perl-centric, illustrates
concepts that are applicable to other glue languages such as PHP and Python.
Even some of the OS differences between Windows and Linux are included in
his discussions.

There is overlap amongst all three, but enough distinction to make all 3 a
worthwhile investment if indeed you wish to come with a reliable practical
solution.  If you want to invest in only one, I would start with the MySQL
book.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Bill Pikounis, Ph.D.