[R] calling R from Perl

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at research.bell-labs.com
Mon Nov 3 17:07:42 CET 2003

martin at ist.org wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to call R from Perl to generate plots to be displayed on a
> webpage. What I found out so far is that there is a package called
> RSPerl on www.omegahat.org which should do what I need. However in
> the description it says it has been tested with R 1.3.* the latest.
> I'm using R 1.8.0 right now so the package seems rather unmaintained.
> It is not easy for me to just install it and see if it works because
> I have to contact the sysadmin everytime and he is kind of reluctant
> on 'just trying things out'.

RSPerl is being maintained and it works on 1.1.* and higher.  I don't
have the time to update _all_ the documentation.

I don't believe you will need the system administrator's assistance to
install the RSPerl package. It is designed to install into a local
directory by default.

If you have problems, you can send mail to omega-help at omegahat.org.

 D.