[R] Estimate hazard function from right-censored data only

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Nov 5 05:54:40 CET 2003

Dear Ted,

Yes, that makes sense, and I hadn't thought of it -- I was thinking in
terms of a nonparametric estimate of the hazard function.  Spencer Graves
makes a similar point. Andy Liaw was kind enough to point out to me that
the muhaz function is in the muhaz package. As it turns out, muhaz provides
smooth nonparametric estimates of the hazard function using kernel methods.

Thanks to all,
  John