[R] Multiple comparisons with a glm

Torsten Hothorn Torsten.Hothorn at rzmail.uni-erlangen.de
Wed Nov 5 19:04:14 CET 2003

> I've never seen anything written about multiple comparisons,
> as in the multcomp package or with TukeyHSD, but using a glm.
>  Do such procedures exist?  Are they sensible?
> Are there any packages in R that implement such comparisons?

since version 0.4-0 in `multcomp':

 0.4-0 (13.08.2003)

        `simint' and `simtest' now have methods for `lm' and `glm'

But you are right that there is not much theory about it (at least to my
knowledge). The procedures in `multcomp' allow for inference
on parameter estimates which are, asymptotically, multivariate normal
with known correlation structure.

Best,

Torsten