[R] R for various ports of linux

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Wed Nov 5 23:29:05 CET 2003

  I've always built from source and almost never had to do anything beyond
"tar zxf sources.tgz; ./configure; make; make install" (on various Red Hat
versions).  On the other hand ... I've been hoping to move in the
direction of an apt- or rpm-based solution to get a better handle on
tracking package versions etc. etc. across multiple machines ...  It does
seem as though the Debian folks (Eddelbuettel [sp]?) are very quick about
packaging apt versions ...

   Ben

620B Bartram Hall                            bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Zoology Department, University of Florida    http://www.zoo.ufl.edu/bolker
Box 118525                                   (ph)  352-392-5697
Gainesville, FL 32611-8525                   (fax) 352-392-3704