Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Fri Nov 7 12:56:29 CET 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 10:32:44 +0100, Martin Maechler wrote:

>1) dataload is *not* free software in the sense of the
>   Free Software Foundation  (which has existed for a much
>   longer time than MS windows!):

Actually they're contemporaneous.  MS Windows version 1.0 came out in
1985, the same year the FSF was formed.  The initial announcement of
it was made in 1983, the same year of the initial announcement of the
GNU project.

Coincidence?  I think not.  Has anyone ever seen Bill Gates and
Richard Stallman in the same room at the same time??  :-)

Duncan Murdoch