[R] Non-standard axis plotting

Giovanni Petris GPetris at uark.edu
Fri Nov 7 15:20:10 CET 2003

If you want to preserve the aspect ratio of x and y axis, use asp=1
within the plot function.

To reverse the direction of the x and y axes, if I understand
correctly what you are trying to do, I am not sure. There may be more
efficient ways. What I would do is something along the following
lines:

plot(-x,-y, xast='n', yaxt='n')

and set manually the axis labelling.

HTH
Giovanni

[ Giovanni Petris                 GPetris at uark.edu ]
[ Department of Mathematical Sciences              ]
[ University of Arkansas - Fayetteville, AR 72701  ]
[ Ph: (479) 575-6324, 575-8630 (fax)               ]
[ http://definetti.uark.edu/~gpetris/              ]