[R] Barplots

Marc Schwartz MSchwartz at medanalytics.com
Fri Nov 7 17:01:15 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 09:46, Suzanne E. Blatt wrote:
> Hello,
> Can anyone tell me how to label individual bars on a barplot?  I want
> to put an "*" or letter ABOVE the bar to denote statistical
> significance.  Is this possible and how?
>
> Thanks,
> Suzanne

You might want to take a look at the most recent issue of R News, which
has an article on R's base graphics, that contains an example of an
annotated barplot(). There is also a graphic of the output.

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2003-2.pdf

HINT:  barplot() returns the bar midpoints (ie. mp <- barplot(....))

HTH,

Marc Schwartz