[R] simple compile/Fortran question

Erin Hodgess hodgess at gator.uhd.edu
Sat Nov 8 23:46:28 CET 2003

Dear R People:

I was finally able to compile R ffrom source
on a Linux Red Hat 7.2

With R-1.8.0

I would like to test out a simple Fortran subroutine with R.

Here is the output:
[hodgess at gator bin]$ ./R CMD SHLIB -o test1.so test1.f

g77 -mieee-fp  -fPIC  -g -O2 -c test1.f -o test1.o

gcc -shared -L/usr/local/lib -o test1.so test1.o  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/gc

c-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96 -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/2.96/../../..

-lg2c -lm

[Previously saved workspace restored]

> dyn.load("test1.so")

> is.loaded(symbol.For("test1.so"))