[R] shuffling a vector

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Mon Nov 10 17:28:56 CET 2003

Hi,
  I'me trying to write  a function that will shuffle a vector. At the
moment I'm baically making a vector of randomized indices and then
making  a new vector from the original one using these random indices.

However, is there an alternative (more elegant) method to do this? I
tried help.search('shuffle') but it does'nt return anything relevant.

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE