[R] boot package question: sampling on factor, not row

Thomas W Blackwell tblackw at umich.edu
Tue Nov 11 14:46:05 CET 2003

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> Right, as help.search `allows for searching the help system'. It does not
> search the manuals, nor the FAQs, so it would be imposible to find things
> not in the help system.
> --

Precisely my point, Brian.  The usage and meaning of '...' are
almost impossible to find in the help system.  Could there be a
help page for it ?  Questions about '...' are reasonably frequently
asked on this list.

While we're at it, what could be done so that  help.search("logistic")
returns a reference to  glm()  and  help.search("regression") returns
references to both  lm()  and  glm() ?

-  tom blackwell  -  u michigan medical school  -  ann arbor  -