[R] installing an add-on package

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 15:14:00 CET 2003

You look in the FAQ for R for Windows ....

It's under HTML help, and file rw-FAQ in the top-level directory of the R
installation.  It's also mentioned in the FAQ you consulted, and linked
from www.r-project.org (and BTW I think the R 1.6.0 Mac FAQ needs to
be removed from there and replaced by the MacOS X one).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk