[R] problem with x11 and PS devices on different machines

Philippe Glaziou glaziou at pasteur-kh.org
Wed Nov 12 11:26:51 CET 2003

Timur Elzhov <Timur.Elzhov at jinr.ru> wrote:
> I run R at home and the work, I have Debian Linux on both machines and
> the same 'r-base-core' deb packages installed. So I tried to run the
> same R script, which plots graph in x11 device and then dump it to eps
> file (x11 and eps you'll find attached). On the home machine there are
> some stranges in x11 plot as well as in eps file.  On the work machine
> all the ok, despite of that I use the _same_ version of binary deb
> package. May be any troubles with the font paths? Thank you in advance
> for any suggestions!

I ran the unix tool 'file' on your two attached files:

x11-good.png: PNG image data, 600 x 420, 8-bit/color RGB,
non-interlaced

x11-bad.png: PNG image data, 449 x 315, 8-bit/color RGB,
non-interlaced

It could be that your X11 Modes differ between both machines,
with a different number of dots per inch.

Hth,

--
Philippe