[R] problem with x11 and PS devices on different machines

Philippe Glaziou glaziou at pasteur-kh.org
Wed Nov 12 13:14:01 CET 2003

Timur Elzhov <Timur.Elzhov at jinr.ru> wrote:
 > It could be that your X11 Modes differ between both machines,
> > with a different number of dots per inch.
> I use the same resolution, 1024x768 on both machines. Anyway, I do
> not think that xserver resolution is important for screenshot size
> (in pixels) :)

The width and height of a default R x11 plotting window are both
7 inches.

There will be a different number of dots within those 7x7 square
inches if the number of dots per inch is not similar. This could
be the case even though your two xservers are set at 1024x768.

Does 'xdpyinfo | grep dots' return the same numbers on both
machines?

--
Philippe