[R] Rescaling character widthof the title

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Nov 15 05:17:29 CET 2003

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Andreas Lackner wrote:

> When I export a graphic into a windows metafile, import that file into a
> Word document, the width of the character of my title isn’t uniform anymore.

`anymore'?  It was not uniform when you plotted on-screen in R:
Arial/Helvetica is a not a monospaced font.

> The only way I found for solving this problem is to use the courier font,
> but I would like to use a font like (font.main=1). Does anybody know about
> that problem?

Please tell us exactly what you want to do, if possible with a
reproducible example and screenshots (.png).

Note also that Word is far from perfect at importing WMF files so you
could easily be seeing a Word bug.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk