[R] an object of class lm returned by lm?

Jill Caviglia-Harris JLCAVIGLIA-HARRIS at salisbury.edu
Sun Nov 16 02:04:26 CET 2003

Duncan:

Thanks for your response.  I actually tried this as well.  The error
message I get is "objects of different length" I thought I was chosign
the model incorrectly, perhaps this is something else?

-Jill

Jill L. Caviglia-Harris, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Economics and Finance Department
Salisbury University
Salisbury, MD 21801-6860
   phone: (410) 548-5591
   fax: (410) 546-6208

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:41:29 -0500, you wrote:

>Can someone tell me what an object of class lm returned by lm means?
>assumed it mean the regression model - but I'm not sure how to enter
>this in.  I have tried
>
>y~a+b
>
>but this is not working.  I have also tried saving the regression
>results and entering these, but again this is incorrect.
>
>This language is from the following:
>
>lm.LMtests(model, listw, zero.policy=FALSE, test="LMerr", spChk=NULL)
>
>Arguments
>model - an object of class lm returned by lm
>listw - a listw object created for example by nb2listw, expected to
be
>row-standardised (W-style)
>

>Any help is welcomed.  Thanks.

Most functions in R return objects.  The description of "model" is
referring to the object returned by the lm() function.  For example,

fit <- lm(y~a+b)

Then "fit" would be a suitable value to pass as the model.

Duncan Murdoch