[R] Accents in R

kjetil@entelnet.bo kjetil at entelnet.bo
Mon Nov 17 18:31:53 CET 2003

On 17 Nov 2003 at 17:14, Xavier Fernández i Marín wrote:

On my windows XP machine I get

> help.search("locale")
> ?locales
help() for `locales' is shown in browser
> Sys.getlocale()
[1] "LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United
States.1252"
> #Sys.setlocale()
> c("España", "Nicaragüense")
[1] "España"       "Nicaragüense"

You need to find out which locales you can set in Mandrake. The
locale shown above
is the default when I start up my R.

Kjetil Halvorsen