[R] sampling without repetition

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Tue Nov 18 02:07:08 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-11-17 at 20:01, Thomas W Blackwell wrote:
> Rajarshi  -
>
> Do you want three sets, three disjoint sets, or sets of
> size three ?  It's not clear what you are attempting to do.

Sorry about that. I wanted to select 3 disjoint sets from a supplied
vector of numbers. My initial example had

r <- 1:300

but there is no guarantee that r will contain a consecutive sequence of
numbers.

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE