[R] howto improve sharpeness of fonts in a jpg-image produced by R ?

Niels Steen Krogh nielssteenkrogh at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 18 16:04:13 CET 2003

I used an expression like this:

bitmap(file="barplotx.jpg",type="jpeg")
barplot(c(1,2,3),c(3,4,5),main=list("Death Rates in Virginia", font = 1))
dev.off()

My question:  How can I improve the sharpeness of the text "Death Rates in
Virginia".
Why jpeg: Its part of a web-environment using R through a SOAP-server. I
also tried png256, jpeggray and others, but the text "Death Rates in
Virginia" does not change sharpeness.

/Niels

Cand. Polit.
Niels Steen Krogh
Solsortvej 44
2000 F.

Tlf: 3888 8613

ZiteLab / EmpoweR youR data with R, Zope and SOAP