[R] Problems installing lattice

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 18 16:07:21 CET 2003

What version of lattice is this ? (try library(help = lattice)). What happens
when you type library(grid) ?

Both grid and lattice are recommended packages, so appropriate versions of
both should have been installed along with R 1.8.1. From your error message
(which mentions /usr/local/lib/R/site-library), I'm guessing you are using
Debian. If that's the case, please check if you have r-recommended installed,
and whether it has the same version as r-base-core. Dirk uploaded the 1.8.1
beta packages very recently, so they may not have made it to all the mirrors
when you upgraded.

If this does not work, we need to know how you installed R to make any further
diagnosis.

Deepayan