[R] netCDF, ncdf library

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Nov 20 10:09:44 CET 2003

Laurent Marzec wrote:

>    Dear all,
>    I would like to use data in .netcdf format and for those I have to use
>    the netCDF or ncdf packages.
>    Problem : these packages don't seem to work :
>    "Error in testRversion(descfields) : This package has not been
>    installed properly
>     See the Note in ?library" (with netCDF package)
>    Does anybody have the same problems with these packages ?
>    Is there any other packages existing to convert netcdf format ?
>    Version: 1.8.0
>    OS: Windows XP
>    with many thanks in advance

I guess you have installed the *source* package without compiling it.
Either compile it youself or get the binary.

For Windows binaries
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/1.8/@ReadMe tells you:

"The packages
   XML, ncdf, netCDF, and xgobi
do not build out of the box. Nevertheless these are available at
   http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin
kindly provided by Professor Brian D. Ripley."

Uwe Ligges