[R] read.table(..)..Help?

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at gsf.de
Thu Nov 20 09:27:43 CET 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 11:11:27PM -0800, forkusam wrote:

> p<-read.table(file="FILENAME ", header=TRUE,sep=";")
> and later used the data.Frame() function.
> It functions when the file has only a row of
> variables.

It is not at all clear to me what you are doing and what is going wrong.
Please provide a (short) example of what exactly you do, what error
messages and warnings you get and what your input file looks like.

BTW: read.table returns a data frame so I'm not sure what
you mean by using data.frame() later on.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel                                Tel.  +49-89-3187-3675
Institute for Bioinformatics / MIPS              Fax.  +49-89-3187-3585