[R] ?for

Angel angel_lul at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 17 22:19:12 CET 2003

I thought I was getting to grips with it, until last reply from Prof Brian
Ripley's. At least in my Windows and Linux boxes
? paste("help")
opens the help for help (!?)
(But Marc is right, when you use emacs (in my Debian) instead of the shell
it gives the error he says, anybody knows why?)
For what I think I've learned, when you call ? it first evaluates the topic
and then asks for help on the result, i.e. if you put a function after ? it
will call help on the return value of that function, if it is a for or other
type of flow control it will ask for help for each of the loop results. Is
this the explicit reply to my original answer??
Thanks,
Angel