[R] Y axis scale in plot.gam

Simon Wood simon at stats.gla.ac.uk
Tue Nov 25 10:11:23 CET 2003

> Is there any way to change the y axis range of values in a plot.gam()? I
> need that two different GAM plots to be of the same scale.

- Sorry, I don't think there is a simple way of doing it, except by
editing plot.gam to fix `ylim' by hand.... It's an obvious thing to want
to do and I'll fix it for the next release.

> Also, it is possible to change the labels?

- The easiest thing to do is to use the `select' argument to plot 1 panel
at a time, with ann=FALSE (see ?par) to supress annotation. Then use the
`title' function to add x and y labels.