[R] help me!

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Thu Nov 27 17:30:22 CET 2003

      English may have greater variation between regional dialects than
does Spanish,  The Scots roll their r's, and I suspect it is more like
the Spanish rolls (perro) than taps (pero), though I have not had enough
contact with the Scots to judge.  The English r may be closer to the r
in Portuguese, French, and German than Spanish but does not close the
throat.  Try making an r like you do but without letting your tongue hit
the roof of your mouth.

      hope this helps.
      Que esto pueda ayudarle!
       spencer graves