[R] dvips function gives "Documents not found" error

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Nov 28 04:11:42 CET 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 04:21:04PM -0800, David Kelly wrote:
> Frank Harrell wrote:
>
> > Did you make the changes I suggested (surrounding two items by
> > dQuote())?
> >
> > Have you tried Linux?
> ------------
> No, I didn't make those changes because I've just been working with a
> binary distribution. I may go ahead and pull down sources and try; I was

But that's the beauty of it -- even in Windoze, the $R_HOME/library/$FOO/R/
directory for a package $FOO contains simple text code which you can edit.

If you know how to read and write S source code, I may take you only about
one minute to locate the file, and insert the suggested dQuote().

> trying to avoid that.
>
> I wish I were working with Linux, but I'm doing this work for someone
> with many installed PCs that want to use R, and they're all running
> Win2K and that isn't going to change.

If you organise your work environment wel, operating systems matter less and
less. R, Perl, Python, ... are pretty much completely cross-platform (unless
you insist on using OS-specific features).

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx