[R] GLM FITTED VALUES TABLE

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Nov 29 09:38:18 CET 2003

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 Bill.Venables at csiro.au wrote:

> Converting a collection of factors and a vector into an array is a general
> problem for which there is no general tool available (but it would be easy

It's called xtabs() in R:

allergy$fitted <- fitted(allergy.fit.main.2int)
xtabs(fitted ~ t + f + c, data=allergy)

and you permute the dimensions by reordering the factors.

Note that the roughly analogous crosstabs in S-PLUS will not do this, but
xtabs generates a call to table() which could be used directly.

In this case there were no repeated (and no missing) combinations of
factors: if there has been just predict the model at all combinations and
apply xtabs/table to the predictions.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk