[R] sas.get problem

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Oct 1 20:42:38 CEST 2003

It's actually in the Hmisc package. The error looks like Hmisc hasn't
been attached yet, so you might try library(Hmisc) first.

In addition, it does appear from the help file that you need SAS
installed to output the ASCII files that are required to import the
data.

HTH,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:02:15 -0400, "Peter Flom" <flom at ndri.org> wrote
:

>When I try
>
> citypro <- sas.get('c:/ndri/cvar/data', member = 'citypro2')
>

>I get the following errors and warnings:
>

>'sas' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
>operable program or batch file.

That's an S-PLUS function rather than an R function, isn't it?  Does
some R package supply sas.get?

I believe the S-PLUS implementation requires that you have SAS
installed, and it looks like the error message is saying that you
don't.  But if you're using S-PLUS, you'd be better asking on the
s-news mailing list.

Duncan Murdoch